TRANSITION OPENS:The bike transition will open at 4:30am on Sunday morning and closes at 5:45am Transition Map
GEAR BAG DROP OFF: The morning of the race.
MANDATORY MEETING: There will be a pre-race meeting the race morning before your race starts. Everyone must attend..
PACKET PICKUP: Packet pickup will be open Sat. from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. There will be no packet pickup the day of the race.
FIRST WAVE: Start time: 6:00am Men
SECOND WAVE: Start time: 6:03am –Women and Teams
(Please listen carefully to any additional instruction or changes during the pre-race meeting)
PARKING: Event parking for Saturday and Sunday is located at Makena State parking lot, which is the first parking lot on the right after passing by the Makena Hotel. You can
park on the side roads next to the Hotel but make sure your legally parked.
SWIM CAPS: Swim caps are mandatory. You must bring your own cap.
BODY MARKING / TIMING CHIP: Present your race number to get body marked and to pick up your timing chip on race morning at the transition area. Timing chips must be worn during entire race in order to get a transition/finish time. (Note for Relay Teams: timing chip must be handed off at each transition)
Bike course – There are no water stops on the course.
Run course – There will be an aid station at the turn around half way thru the course.
FINISH LINE: Post-race refreshments will be available at the finish line.
TIMING: Timing will be provided by Pacific Sport Events & Timing. Results will be posted that day at www.pseresults.com . There will be live results at www.pseresults.com the day of the event.
16-17, 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79,80- and over (male and female).
3 overall athletes, male/female; Age groups (5 year increments) top 3, male/female; Relay teams (men/women/mix) top 3
This is a USAT sanctioned race. We ask for your cooperation in following the swim-bike-run race regulations. The most common violation is drafting on the bike. NO DRAFTING ON THE BIKE.....
Click here for USAT Rules
MAUI TRIATHLON AUDIENCE:
Athletes are limited to 250 Participants
SWIM COURSE AND GUIDELINES:
Courses: The swim course is a 750 meter swim. This very safe will be a single triangular loop. The swim course will be monitored by life guards, jet skis and SUP. The course enters and exits from the beach fronting the Makena Golf Resort. No cut off time.
No wetsuits are allowed, the water is warm. Click here to see the USAT rules.
• No floatation devices, fins, paddles, snorkels, etc…
BIKE COURSE AND GUIDELINES:
The bike course is a 20K one loop course. You leave the transition area on the south side and ride down the path to the main road, Makena Alanui and ride north.
Make a right at Kaukahi and up the hill and make a left on Kalai Waa St. and a right on Wailea Ike Dr. up to Piilani Hwy and turn around just before Alanui Kea Dr. After you make
the U-Turn you will ride back the same way you came.
Volunteers will be outside the transition area to advise you where to mont and dismount. Re-rack your bike and exit the transition for the run portion of the event.
• No cut-off time.
• Participants MUST WEAR A HELMET which must be buckled before leaving the transition area.
• NO DRAFTING ON THE BIKE.....
• It is recommended to wear a bike jersey, gloves, bike shorts, and eye protection (clear lens preferably, if it is a cloudy day.)
• Riding your bike in the transition area is prohibited.
• When passing other bikers please pass on the left and yell “on your left”. Please pass safely.
• If you need to stop on the bike course or need to walk your bike in some areas, please stay on the far right side of the road.
• All competitors are required to follow the prescribed course and to stay within all directed areas. Cutting the course is an obvious violation and going outside the course is a
• Carry a spare tube, pump or CO2 cartridges, tire levers and “drink” (i.e. water, sports drink, etc…)
RUN COURSE AND GUIDELINES:
Run 5K Course - The run course exits the bike transition and heads North down the Kings Trail, around the roundabout and along Makena Rd. As you run on Makena Rd. you will
come back up to the main road Makena Alanui where you will make a right. Run alone Makena Alanui past the Makena Resort to Makena Rd. where you make a right. This road will
take you to the finish line at the Makena Hotel.
• All runners are required to wear race numbers at all times during the run.
• Numbers must face the front and be clearly visible at all times, or you may receive a time penalty.
• Barefoot running is not allowed; proper shoes must be worn.
Race Amenities - all participants will receive a event T-shirt at packet pickup.
• Do not leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course.
• Pickup all personal items at the transition area before your leave.
•The event will not be responsible for items left behind.
• Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language or other un-sportsman like conduct directed at race officials, USA triathlon officials, volunteers, spectators, or fellow athletes is
forbidden and maybe cause for disqualification.
Thank you for your cooperation and have a safe and enjoyable race.